Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Maybe I can start barking for the yak-woman or sprinkling pixie dust on the tilta-whirl

I need a new job. Bad.


Wheeeeeeeew it has been a while since I blogged. I got all serious for a minute, and decided that was best left for my friend's ears, and not eyes. Joy Klutts Allen is right, so let's start fresh, shall we?

Let me see if I can catch you up (both mentally and visually) from the last time I posted:

Funtober. What a doozie.



The month started off a little rocky (I even recall a day or two reffering to it as "suckstober"), but it soon began to pick up in it's happiness and good times. Sarah's big 2-7 was a blast, and thus began the "Charlie Hill baby pool"



A brain child of sarah and myself, it started off as a joke. I mean, who would bet money on the delicate life of a tiny babe at the mother's expense? we would, that's who. In all fairness, we let Jamie participate. Hell, she was incubating the thing-she might as well earn a good $70 off of him. (yes, the pot got that big. Apparently Sarah and myself know a lot of good, southern gamblin' folk) Congrats to Carly, who, after picking a date none of us thought Jamie would ever make it to, won the pot by choosing (without her knowledge) the inducing date. Lucky bastard.

In the spirit of Funtober, this is also the month I decided to truly get cracking on that before 30 list I had so often spoken about to my friends. I called up Harry Miree (the sweetest 20 year old boy you will ever meet) and we set the stage for a regular drum lesson. So now, mixed with my favorite Rojo trivia, every wednesday I spend an hour with my dear Harry learning how to "rock out."


What else, what else.....



Ah! yes. The farm. now for that, I have pictures. It needs no explanation. It is simply stunning.










Don't be fooled-one of those pigs nearly took my hand off. Were it not for my cat-like reflexes, my drumming career might have been over. (or I would have been forced to continue learning, def leopard style)

The next weekend is funtober was nothing short of amazing. First, I went to Zydeco that Friday night to see the wonder that is 17th Floor. (Zydeco, for those who are not familiar, is a tiny, crowed bar (club?) that is frequented by people not much older than 21. I was far, far too old to be there, but it was 17th Floor. Seriously, what could I do?) It was hot, sticky, and my (possibly)broken foot was stepped on many, many times, but it was still a really good time. Here are so good key pics:













The next night, John was in town so he, myself, his wicked awesome friend Dan, Shrop and Lucy went to see the magical Ben Kweller at workplay. I fall in love every time I go to workplay. It's that damn romantic lighting, and it's all cozy in those booths, and I am seeing someone like Ben Kweller almost every time I go....
Needless to say, I became obsessed with the song "Falling" and had a dream later that week that I bet Ben, and we hung out and fell in love after one evening. Damn you Workplay, and your incessent goodness!
That next Thursday, I experienced the Fox and Hound for the first time. It was everything I expected and more. The evening started off pretty innocently enough. Sarah invited me to go to a "Reformation Party." It's a protestant thing, so, of course I asked her if I needed to start some good old Catholic trouble. It was a costume party, and I went as my harry potter thing from last year. I was clearly saving all of my real efforts for actual halloween, so I thought it was good enough. Dave, Zach, and fun Bobby were there, and so it was guarenteed to be a good night. The party was fun enough, and here are some good pics:



















No, your eyes are not deceiving you. That is, in fact, mayor Larry Langford.

The real fun of the night came at the after party (the Fox and Hound, as previously mentioned)

It was me, Dave, Zach, Sarah, Bobby, Jenny, Clayton, Pauley Bleaker (whose real name I can never remember,Bryan, maybe?) and a very forward girl named Rebbeca. She did not come with us, she was just a huge part of the story. So we had a few drinks, a few laughs, Bobby/Larry did a striking rendention of karoke "thong song" but we ultimately knew it was time to start packing things up when Rebecca entered the picture. First, it appeared she wanted Dave. Dave, being the gentlemen he is, pawned her off on Zach by telling her that Zach would be more than happy to sing a song from the broadway hit "Rent" with her, duet style. He somehow managed to shake her, and turned her interests back to Dave, who then, turned her interests to me. I tell you, it's interested to hear someone seriously ask you "what team do you swing for" while they are giving you a shoulder massage and asking if they can dedicate a song to you. So I say sure, why not? She seems harmless enough. So what song does she choose? "I kissed a girl." By Katy Perry. She even stuck my name in a few times. Nice.


Oh, but the fun didn't end there. As we paying our tabs and deciding it is DEFINITELY time to go, I feel something cold and metal slip onto my wrist. It's handcuffs, I discover to my dismay. And who am I handcuffed to? Rebecca. Zach says the look on my face was devastating.


So the next night was Halloween. Geeez this post is excruciatingly long. It's a whole month though, and this is the last night of, it I promise. So, like I said, it's halloween!

I went as Where's Waldo. One of my better costumes, I must admit.






















We went to a party at Stewart's, Casey's, Connor's, and John Hunter's house. It was a fun filled night of flip cup, costumes, booty dancing and photo bombing. Just how I like it. We tried to meet up with Zach and Dave later at the Rare Martini, but the line was re-donkulous, and we were right under a heat lamp, and there was a weird blue guy with a nose ring trying to talk to me, so we peaced out and headed back to Stew's. So that was my funtober. I won't get into November yet. That will be a blog for another day. If you're still reading this, props to you! It's a long one. I'll be back soon!

No comments: