Saturday, November 29, 2008

blog blog blog

What a week.





So it's my last night in the Mob-town, and I must say, I'm gonna miss it. I had a good time here. Particularly Thanksgiving day (and night, oh what a night)



Thanksgiving day is probably my favorite day of the year. It's not about gifts, it's about family and food. And we had a LOT of both. Now most people who know me know that I'm the baby of 5 children. Being 25 years old, this means the family has expanded a bit since many thanksgivings ago...



We've got my mom and dad (Stella and Gerald), My Aunt Debbie, My brother Travis, his wife Carol, their baby Gabby, My oldest sister Kerry, her husband Chad, their two girls Jillian and Camryn, my sister Deanna, my sister Katherine, myself, my dog gretchen, and a partridge and a pear tree. WHEW!



Now don't be jealous, but we had two fried turkeys, a turducken, about 10 different sides and about 5 desserts, and we cleaned house. Amazing. It was a great day. The most fun, however, came later that night. It's pretty well known that Thanksgiving night is one of the most popular nights to go out, and I was definitely feeling like it after being cooped up almost all week. We go over to sister Katherine's friend's Lee and John's house for a little pre-party. These boys are so nice-they have a really cute house in midtown (the coolest place to live for someone in their 20s or 30s in Mobile) There's a pretty good crowd there-mostly of the gay persuasion, so the pressure is off. Just how I like it. We're having a great time, and Lee mentions that they're going to BBob's downtown afterwards for the drag show. I'm so intrigued (yes, I know I hate that word, but really it's the best one for how I felt)-I've never been to a gay club or seen a show, so I was all about it.




This is getting lengthy so I'll sum this up as best I can. Deanna conked out on the couch at Jana's house (where we were staying since she lives within walking distance of every bar) so Kat and I proceeded to Bbobs. Two rum and cokes, two beers, and about 6 hours later, Kat and I sweaty, surrounded by shirtless gay men, and I've got some guy with nipple rings trying to kiss me. Awesome-the first guy who tries to kiss me in months is gay. (He did not succeed)The show was amazing, and I can not say enough nice things about Lee, John, Ken, and whoever else I met that night. Definitely the most fun I've had in weeks, maybe even months going out. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy, followed by a tribute to the night with the two gayest things I've ever seen:



















No comments: