Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sunny Day, sweeping the clouds away, on my way to where the air is sweet...

That's the theme to sesame street, in case you were wondering. I wake up almost every morning with that song in my head, despite the fact that I haven't actually seen an episode of sesame street since I was 5. I blame this:



So I have my first drum lesson tonight since Harry's brush with death/tonsil surgery and I'm a tad nervous. Maybe it's because my eye hurts. Maybe it's because I haven't slept well the past two nights. But, gun to my head, I would have to say that it's because I haven't touched my drums in a long time. Big surprise, right?

Well it's too late now. I'm headed there right after work, lack of practice and all. And it's sooo rainy and ugly today too. Blah. I just want to curl up in my bed and watch weeds, which is my current dvd obsession thanks to Katie Shrop.

I suppose I should be grateful. Harry is alive and well, and I can learn something new. Drum lessons is a lot like working out to me. I don't want to do it, ever. But if I go I'm so glad I did, and I feel great afterwards.

Well, wish me luck. I'm probably going to get scolded.

No comments: