Thursday, March 12, 2009

Weekends, I prefer the weekends!

If you've never seen the Will Ferrell skit with him as the devil trying to help out Garth Brooks, please try to youtube that like it's hot. I would do it myself, but I feel like crap and I'm not in great research mode.

Anyway, Harry is still recovering from having his tonsils out last week, so we didn't meet yesterday. It actually could be a while before I can get my drum on, because he told me "The stitches broke and I'm drooling blood," today.

We've been emailing a bit back and forth, mostly talking about life and scrubs (we have a little bit of a difference of opinion on that one. Rest assured it WILL get hashed out.)
But we've also been discussing this song I want to learn on the drums that seems fairly simple. You may have heard it-it's been around for a while. It's called "Young Folks" by Peter Bjorn and John.

I will youtube that one, because it's easy to find:


You're welcome.

The intro sounds like maybe just some 1/16 notes between the snare and the tom, but I'm not really sure. I don't have an ear for it yet. I may not ever have an ear for it. Anyway, the rest of it is pretty consistent. It seems like maybe the basic beat I know already with an extra bass beat and maybe a sneaky snare in there. I'll need harry to pick it apart for me when he's not drooling blood anymore.

I'm headed home for the weekend for some much needed R&R, and time with my pug. I'll hopefully have some drum news to report soon. Until then...

No comments: