Monday, March 2, 2009

It snowed, really? Because I'm still in a Ben Folds haaaaaze

I don't care that it "allegedly" snowed outside my windows Sunday morning, because my thoughts are still consumed by Friday night, and the awesomeness that was Ben Folds.
In an excellent start to the Spring 2009 Concert Tour, Katie and I traveled Friday to Hotlanta, Georgia for the Ben Folds concert at the Tabernacle. There we met some of Katie's old highschool crew (Max, Amanda, Chris, Beth (I think?) and Beth's boyfriend, whose name I can not remember, but found to be very nice.

Anyway, we got there early enough to grab a bite at Taco Mac, yes, Taco Mac, and then head over to reserve a place in line in the rain and cold to ensure we got the seats we wanted. The key to this operation was a well-executed game plan, and ours was to head immediately upstairs to get front row balcony. And so it was, and it was great. We were facing the left of the stage, where we had a perfect view of the piano (and if you know anything of BF, he is ALL OVER that piano) so we were happy.
The concert itself was so amazing, there are no words to describe it. So I won't. But I will post pictures, and a few of the great songs he played:
Kate
Underground
Not the Same
Philosophy
Army (yesssssssssssss)
Landed
Brick
Are you reeling in jealousy yet? Then feast your eyes on THIS:




I guess I can post a few pics of the snow, if you really want it...



I didn't have a drum lesson this past Wednesday (Harry had a gig at the UAB/Memphis campout) but we will resume this Wednesday, and hopefully I'll have some new skeeeeels.
Until then....

1 comment:

Katie said...

You know BF is a drummer...he can be your new inspiration. Went to U of Miami on a drum scholarship...I'll soon be writing the Biography called True Story: I stalk musicians, primarily ones named Ben.


And I have videos...I really think I could probably go to jail...but whooooo caaaaaaares.