Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Favorite covers

I recently had the pleasure of accidentally (ok, so it wasn't so much an accident on my end) of befriending one of the contributing writers of my favorite Birmingham magazine Mental_Floss on the facebook.

His name is David, and I like his style. I won't really get into it, on the off chance he'll glance at my blog again and think I'm some crazy stalker. So I'll leave it at that. Anyway, that's not really what this is about. I bring him up because he wrote about covers that he ranks with the originals (http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/29377)
and it got me thinking about sharing some particular favorites of mine, strictly for entertainment value. Harry-if you're still keeping up with me-you'll be pleased to know that Dave is one of them. Enjoy:

"In My Life" - Dave Matthews

Originally written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney and released on 1965 album "Rubber Soul"



"Sea of Love" - Cat Power

Originally written by John Phillip Baptiste (aka Phil Phillips) in 1959.



"Baby Now That I've Found You" - Alison Krauss and Union Station

Originally written by Tony Macaulay and John MacLeod and released in 1967 by The Foundations



"Crazy in Love" - The Magic Numbers

Originally released by Beyonce Knowles and released in 2003 on the album "Dangerously in Love"



"Hey Ya" - Matt Weddle

Originally written by Andre 3000 for his 2003 album "The Love Below"




Well that's just to name a few. I have a lot going on right now, so I'll be back with an update on my actual life soon enough. Until then...

No comments: