Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Regina George is NOT sweet

One thing my friends and I have learned how to spot is a "life ruiner."

What is a 'life ruiner'? Simple. One who ruins the lives around him/her with their actions.

Some classic examples of "life ruiners":




Regina George. The pinacle of "mean girls," she ruined several lives, including stealing back her exboyfriend from Cady and spreading a viscious rumor about Janis Ian.



Jacob Black in the Twilight series. He competes with Edward, which is not cool. Not to mention he's ugly, and cocky. Sorry, Jacob.
Myself. I include myself because Lucy once told me I would "ruin her life" if I made her go to the galleria on a Saturday in November.


I thought about this because Katie and I were talking about how much we hate the very presence of Jacob Black in the Twilight series, and how useless his very existence is. She actually used the term "life ruiner," so it got me thinking about other life ruiners I know of, fictional or real.

Here's the list I came up with:

1.Sallie Mae-these people ruin several thousands of people's lives every day with their incesent student loan payments



2.Marissa Cooper-quit your whining and moping around. You know why Ryan is so light-hearted in season 4 of the OC? because you're not around to drag him into your dramz.


3. The Malfoys. You and your creepy toe-head dad need to chill out, already.


4. Mrs. Galloway, my first grade teacher. She made me cry several times, and definitely ruined what little life I had in the first grade, and now she's set up to ruin my niece's life too in two years, because I looked at the roster the other day and she STILL teaches there.

5. Dr. James Gordan. My friend Brett worked in a law office for a summer in college and said this man was sued for than anyone he ever heard of. Not to mention he ruined my life daily with his horrible commercials.
6. The cable guy (thank you, Jordan Holsombeck). This guy ruined Matthew Broderick's life for an entire awful two hours.

7. Apparently, this chick.


8. Lucy, from the Peanuts comic strip. She was constantly ruining lives. Pulling away footballs, shooting down perfectly good christmas trees, giving bad psychiatric advice. What an awful child.


Mark Felt, informer of the Watergate scandal. He took down an entire Presidency.

10. Scar, from the Lion King. Geeeeez. He got the king killed, the prince banished, and somehow managed to destroy the entire ecosystem of the pridelands in a matter of a few years. If that's not a life-ruining game plan, I don't know what is.

There's more, of course, but I can't blog all day about these people. I have to get back to work, and then I have to practice my drums tonight so Thursday's blog isn't filled with stories of me getting scolded again. Until then....

2 comments:

Katie said...

This has to be, by far, one of the best blogs I've seen in quite some time. All of which are true. In the end, the Malfoys are COMPLETE life ruiners, though, lets be honest, a lives were definitely not spared on their behalf. I would definitely put Lord Voldemort on the list of L.R.'s, but my number one, for this particular moment in life, would have to be Jacob Black. I hate so much the things he chooses the be. THAT, and the kids who keep THROWING UP around me. What a long comment.

Unknown said...

What a great topic. I'm gonna have to admit I know I have the potential to be a life ruiner. Remember Neal Wade? Life. Ruined.

P.S. I'm on Team Jacob. Sorry girls!
P.P.S. Another life ruiner - captchkas! Everyday they ruin my life.