Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I sure do wish some things happened differently then they do a lot of the time

Let's talk about grad school.

So, here I am, trying to voluntarily put myself back through the ringer of coursework at UAB, AND begging to pay them to do it for me.

But can I get anyone to talk to me about how I go about doing this? No. Particularly Samara Massey, who I am totally not afraid to call out on this blog (mainly because only 3 or so people read it). I have emailed her several times and the only time I got response was when I copied someone else in the department on the email. Thanks a pad-load, Samara. You're really making me want to go to UAB for my continuing education.

I have gotten an advising sheet. I have sent in my unofficial transcripts. I have taken that God-forsaken MAT and I have started my application for the program, however, I do not want to apply yet until I know whether or not my MAT score is good enough, and if I can't get a damn advisor, then I have no way of knowing if I need to take it over again.

I definitely called the department chair today and left her a voicemail explaining how Samara and I were "not having any luck communicating" and that I NEEDED to speak to someone, anyone, about my MAT score and my chances of getting accepted for the summer term. I'm willing to give you my SUMMER, UAB. my motherflippin' SUMMER. the greatest time of the year, and you're shooting it down. to be a teacher no less. In alabama, the most God-awful state to choose to teach because our education system is ridiculous.

Now that I'm done ranting, I have to figure out what I'm going to practice tonight so that when Harry inevitably asks me what I've been working on tomorrow, I won't have to ninja his mind into forgetting he asked me that like I always do.

No comments: