Thursday, January 29, 2009

Don't be fooled

into thinking I'm going to blog about drumming because I haven't done any of that in TWO weeks.


Some things have been going on with trying to get into school, and man problems, and work, so I felt like Wednesday would have been a huge waste of Harry's time. I wrote him an email letting him know I was going to bail because A) I didn't feel like drumming and B) I didn't practice AT ALL since the last time we met, but he wrote me back saying he would be there and if I showed then we could just chill.



So last Wednesday's "drum lesson" consisted of me sitting in his kitchen for an hour and half eating soup and convincing him that having his wisdom teeth pulled and his tonsils out wouldn't be so bad.

So it's Wednesday again, and I STILL haven't practiced, and I just cancelled on him. Honestly, I can't even face the guy. And you know why? Because he's not going to judge me. He's going to sit there, messing with his hair or his face or his iphone and he's going to tell me that I "seem to have a lot of good stuff going on" and I just can't handle the niceness today. I'll take this week, and next week (that was pre-cancelled because of something he had to do) and I'll really take into consideration all of the crap I'm dealing with. So when I see him again in two weeks or so, and he tells me I'm "progressing a lot faster" than he ever did, I won't feel like maybe it's a total lie.

On a more sunshine and rainbows note, I'm heading to the homestead this weekend and I couldn't be happier. Time with the fam ALWAYS reminds me who I'm good at being. I'll try to take lots of good pictures of the nieces for posting next blog, and hopefully have a fun story or two. Until then......

No comments: