Thursday, January 8, 2009

In it to Win it

So I got to see my dear, sweet Harry yesterday.



I love drum lesson wednesdays, but sometimes they stress me out. I'm learning so slowly, and I feel like I waste his time sometimes. We got a little bit done yesterday, though. We worked on intregrating my crash symbol into "the groove" and I was introduced to a little friend called The Metronome.



I still suck at this, but to get good was never really the point, now was it? Yeah sure I would love to be good, but really I just wanted something I could really get into. We talked a bit about that, too. The goal for Harry is teach me fun things, and my goal is to come home every day, look at my drum kit and want to hug it and tell it I love it.



So I'm looking to get inspired. I can't love something I know nothing about, so I'm going to do what I do best and research the hell out of the drums. I need to find someone who plays that makes me want to play, and I really think if I put some effort into my music education, I can appreciate it a lot more.

No comments: